Brain health is a hot topic right now but there is so much information out there it can be confusing. As The Cognitive Coach my role is to break information down into manageable pieces and help you to begin to make change. Here are a couple of tips that you can begin to incorporate into your day. Pick 1 that seems realistic and once it becomes a habit, add a 2nd. Keep building from there and you will be on your way to a healthier brain!
5 Tips to Keep Your Brain Healthy:
- Sleep at least 7 hours per night-try to establish an evening routine that allows you to get to bed and get at least 7 hours.
- Eat a balanced diet-add variety to your meals to make sure you are getting all the recommended daily nutrients.
- Avoid nicotine, caffeine and aspartame.
- Exercise daily-work up to 30 minutes a day. Consult your doctor before starting an exercise program.
- Stay hydrated-drink half your body weight in ounces of water each day.